Thursday, January 31, 2008

MONTH IN REVIEW

Saturday January 26, 2008

As the end of the first month of 2008 approaches, I thought I would say a few words. I chose the colour red for a reason: I wanted to get the New Year off to a great start and I think I have succeeded. Check it out:
· Angelo and I completed a 14-day cleanse from January 7-14. We were raw for the first week, and vegetarian for the remainder. We both felt fantastic! I noticed a huge increase in my energy and mental clarity.
· We went without alcohol from January 2-20, when we ‘broke our fast’ with our good neighbours, Karin & Agathe, and shared a few glasses of red wine. At the time of this post we have not had any other alchohol.
· I planted a number of seeds that will hopefully germinate later on this spring:
o Recreation Complex, Powell River
o Green Initiative, NWCC
o Terrace Public Library
o Salt Spring Island Books
o Ministry of Agriculture & Lands
o Port Alberni
· I secured a new contract: working for the Tree Lady!!

Not bad for the first month of 2008! But just in case you think it was all smelling like roses, two local workshops (Jump Start your New Year and Rescue your Resolutions) had to be cancelled due to a lack of interest. C’est la vie.

P.S. Later on that evening:
Angelo has been busy listing items on EBay and I didn’t want to interrupt his flow (especially since I was the one who ‘reminded him’ that he said that he was going to do it this weekend…) so I had to keep myself occupied.
As many of you know, we don’t have a television and earlier this afternoon I finished yet another book so instead of lying down and closing my eyes (which I could easily have done), I finished entering all of my 2007 data into my master expense sheet.
Yes, here it is, not even the end of January, and I am 90% finished my income tax!
Now that’s a first!

Here’s an interesting observation:
Today is Sunday the 27th and I am anxious about changing my altar, even though I really have five nights and four more days in the month. I have already chosen the next colour and have been scouting around the apartment for items of that colour which would be appropriate for the altar.

No comments: