Thursday, January 31, 2008

INTRODUCTION

Surrender to the reality: clutter of some sort, always surrounds us. Sitting in front of our fireplace (which we rarely use) are three cardboard boxes of binders, left over from a previous contract. Unused? Yes. Unopened? Yes. Clutter? Not necessarily.

While we waited for a new purpose to present itself, Angelo listed them on EBay. The idea was to turn our clutter into cash: to move the items out of the apartment and recoup some money at the same time. So far, no buyers. As it became clear that these binders were going to accompany me into the next year, and understanding that ‘what we resist persists', I decided to embrace them.

I was inspired by an e-newsletter which contained a simple chart of colours and their meanings with respect to altars. With this information, I decided to embark on a photo diary. I would create a monthly altar based what I am trying to attract in my life at that time. In addition, I would journal the process and capture any developments.

With the coming New Year I am feeling charged up, excited. I LOVE the New Year and exploit it shamelessly as a catalyst to move my life in a different direction.

In a split second I saw the tremendous benefit of having three boxes of unused binders stuck in my living room: I could turn them into an altar, and adorn it with items of colours that most closely corresponds to what I am trying to attract in my life.

Here goes.

No comments: