Tuesday, June 17, 2008

APRIL = PURPLE



TO ANCHOR THE FREQUENCIES OF PROSPERITY & EMPOWERMENT

Sunday April 6, 2008

I’m a little late in changing my altar this month but as always, I have an excuse: Angelo and I were dog-sitting for the last two weeks of March and only returned to our apartment on April 4th. Today I have had a productive day culling my electronic files and reorganizing my filing system so that it better reflects my business and personal life. Yes, that’s what I do for fun on a Sunday afternoon: sort my folders.

Now that I am back at my computer (which I sorely missed while we were away) I am ready to start planning my talks for my return trip to Northern BC. Yes, these are the talks that inspired my initial altar in January. While they haven’t panned out exactly as I imagined (what does?) I am looking forward to what has been confirmed and what continues to unfold.

Without meaning to sound greedy, I have chosen prosperity because at the very least I am trying to break even on my expenses. This in itself is no small feat as the 22 hour ferry ride to Prince Rupert is extremely expensive. In order to avoid the vehicle charge and save some money we had looked into taking the bus to the ferry and then renting a car once in Rupert but it didn’t pay to take the bus up to Port Hardy so we are looking at expenses of minimum $1000.00 to make this journey

A few months ago I remember stating to a friend that I wanted to break even on my book by the conclusion of this spring trip so I am choosing the colour purple to assist with this goal. Empowerment is also fitting as my talks are always about inspiring others to tackle their clutter and uncover a more authentic life. Purple, here we come.

I roamed around the apartment and purple seemed to be in short supply. I have used a beautiful scarf that my Aunt Phyllis gave me years ago, and then a purple tank top to provide a solid colour. The purple jar was a gift from my mum and it has a purple daisy stuck on the front (it used to be a patch on an old pair of coveralls). I have included a beautiful photograph of a purple flower from our neighbour, Karin. In response to some physical issues that are beyond her control, Karin has begun producing the most beautiful photographs of flowers that she grows in her garden. Karin always includes original, heartfelt, meaningful messages in her cards, so this is a wonderful addition to the altar. I also included a keychain of the letter A from my other Aunt in England, Aunt Bob. It is fitting because like me and my mother, Aunt Bob’s birthday is also in April. Finally, there is a small goddess earring with a purple stone hanging from the card, along with a purple VIP ribbon from a speaking event. I don’t mean to imply that I am a VIP (we all are) but hey, it’s purple and it works. More later on this month.


No comments: