Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MAY / JUNE = GREEN



TO ANCHOR THE FREQUENCIES OF HARMONY, HEALING & VIBRANCY

I am healed! I have been pain-free for several weeks now, although the fear of making a move that causes pain is never far from my mind. Angelo, the internet search wizard, found a series of “8 Minute Workouts” that we have been doing fairly regularly. It seems like I am forever striving to do an entire week in a row, but it never happens. Instead, I have settled on the more realistic goal of doing the workouts 5 out of 7 days (or so!).

The green altar stayed up for a second month because my neighbour, Karin, recently had knee surgery and I said I would maintain the altar to help with her rehabilitation. Plus we were dog-sitting Kaylah, Karin's dog, for two weeks of the month and weren't home to enjoy the altar. The vase and plant are from Karin’s home, the turtle, made from FIMO clay (and signifying career) from Angelo’s fake fish tank; the famous glass-bead bracelet (as described in http://www.cluttersdirtysecret.com/), a piece of driftwood and Angelo’s green hackey sack. I also included a beautiful photo and poem by Rumi, which reads: “the beauty you craved in things was always my glimmer seen through a veil. Turn around and see where beauty comes from”.

In keeping with the theme of healing, today marks the second to last day of a 7-day liver cleanse that I decided to complete. It has been relatively easy: I have been eating raw and vegan foods along with milk thistle capsules. Angelo was brave and decided to do the 10-day master cleanse (lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup drinks) and he has a few more days to go. Cleansing always makes me realize how big a role food plays in our lives; not just physically, but emotionally and socially, too. We can’t wait to return to our favourite restaurants and enjoy a glass of wine (or two!).

Other than that, it has been a relatively calm period. Lots of reading, relaxing, walks along the beach and yes, planning events for the fall (more on those later). It’s hard to believe that the summer solstice is just a few days away. Just when the nice weather arrives, the days start getting shorter. Oh, I almost forgot: I received the Environmental Award from the Home Based Business Association! For the second year in a row I was recognized for my efforts to keep items out of the landfill. You can see my smiling face in the before and after photos on http://www.clearoutclutter.com

No comments: